Thursday, March 8, 2012

Learning how to learn


Today we went through a couple scenarios about parents and offspring that made you analyze and predict genotypes. I have told you before that learning to "struggle through" scenarios is how you learn things the BEST. So I gave you some time to hash it out with those around you. Since this is a fairly new skill to you guys I want to model how I answered these (see the image above). I talked about them in class and showed you my paper - but here it is again. There is something to be said about HOW to read a question. Many of you looked right at them, got ovewhelmed and said "Miss E - I need help" and then were quite discouraged when i said no. Let me tell you though, some of the conversations I heard going on between you guys was AMAZING!!! You are really starting to learn to work through problems!! I KNOW this is frustrating, but this is a KEY skill to learn when solving ANY sort of complex problem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment